If you are a budding photographer, it is important for you to understand the different kinds of camera lenses. As you may know, a lens is an integral part of your camera setup. Some professionals even say that it is actually way more important than the camera body as it is the one responsible for the outcome of your shots. They would choose to shoot with an okay camera with a great lens, than a great camera with an okay lens.
Indeed, a lens can make or break your photographs. A bad or wrong lens can cause the edges of the pictures to be blurry, purple fringing, and have poor autofocus and perspective. The lens that you should bring to a certain shoot depends on the needs of the subject. Here are the different kinds of camera lenses and their uses.
1. Standard lens. This type of lens is used for shoots that doesn’t require a long range focal lens. Photographers use it for street photography, casual occasions, or documentaries. This has a focal length range of 35-70mm. The most common standard lens is a fixed 50mm lens. This is great if you want to move quickly and capture an interesting point of action.
2. Wide-angle lens. The focal length of this camera range from 21-35mm. You can use this if you want to capture a large subject like landscapes, architecture, cityscapes, or when taking a group picture. For a good quality lens, you should opt for Nikon lenses in Dubai.
3. Telephoto lens. Photographers use this when photographing a subject from a distance. Paparazzis are particularly the buyers of this kind of lens. This can also be used when taking shots of wildlife, concerts, and sports events. This lens is less handy than the other types as this can be huge. Its focal length is between 135mm and 300mm. There is also a super telephoto and a medium telephoto lens.
4. Fisheye lens. This lens make the center of the image magnified, and objects diminish in size in all directions around it. These are on the edge of wide-angle lenses, and give a distorted view of the subject matter
5. Macro lens. If telephoto lens is for shooting subjects on a far distance, the macro lens is a specialist lens that is designed to focus closer to an object. It offers a 1:1 ratio. They are used for still-life photography of small objects. Try shopping at Nikon lenses for durable macro and other types of lenses.